Saturday, July 11, 2009

Micah 7:6 For a son dishonors his father, a daughter rises up against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-- a man's enemies are the members of his own household.

Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

I was on the train reading this verse in Micah. All that I have been going through proved for such a time as this. A Mans enemies are those of his own household. What does God mean in this scripture? A Mans household are those closest to him. Those in which he puts his trust. Those who know his coming and goings. Those who can help build him up. A mans household can also hurt him, tear him apart savagely, and destroy his inner most being.

A mans household can protect him with a circle of love, or bind him with a circle of hate. The enemie can use this to his advantage to spread hate but God can use this as an opportunity to spread his love. Even though we have been hurt by those of our own household. we need to confess, repent and forgive. Just as Christ forgave us. This can be easier said than done trust me. These pass weeks have proven just how strong God is in my life. But that's just it, when we are weak that's when he is showing his self strong through our weakness.

That's our opportunity to lean and depend on him. Luke tells us that our reward will be great if we do these things. Nobody said the road would Be easy. But my God promised me one night as he spoke to me that "many days I would cry but the Holy Ghost would be my comforter in season and out of season" Praises be to the most high God forever and ever.

3 Comments:

At 9:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis I Love Your Blog.. I Read It Over & Over Again To Get A Better Understanding...I Was Feeling Down Before I Read This, As I Kept Reading I Felt Better & Started To Understand That God Will Be There For His Children No Matter What..When Im Feeling Sad & Down & Feel Like No One IS There Or Listening I Will Always Read Your Blog. It Gave Me Strength & Inspiration To Know That No Matter What Goes On In Life God Will Always Be There...Thanxs Sis I Love You Always***

 
At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You continue to grow in the Lord... as it should be. You've called me "wheat" but I call you "child of the Most High". I have watched you grow and grow. I am proud of you, but more importantly GOD is proud of you. Keep on keeping on! Love ya, LilMomma

 
At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great encouragement. Trust in the Lord always.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home